Monday, April 24, 2006

Painting Pussy


Ships Cat
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
All ships need a cat and my boat is no exception. Rooting around a dolls house shop (the boat is 1:12, the same scale as most dolls houses) I found a cat – painted a weird black and orange. No wonder it was in the 50p box !

Anyway, the strange colour disappeared under a coat of Humbrol 147. This was dry-brushed with white to highlight the fur. All I had to do then is paint the black bits.

My model was my pet cat, Splodge. Getting him to sit still for me to paint the mini-Splodge was impossible. All I could do was splodge (pun intended) the paint on roughly and tidy it up later. Even that took two or three sessions.

I’m not sure Splodge is going to be a happy ships cat. He like to roam too much. Mind you he’ll want to explore all the nooks and crannies of the boat first.

No comments: