Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Filler time


Plastic entrance
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
The next big section on Pigeon Pie is the entrance at the back of the salon. This is a pretty standard bit of plasticard work. Cut the bits out and stick them together. By this point only a the really ham-fisted are going to be struggling as it’s just more of the same.

The fun comes when you try and fit the part to the main boat. Because the roof curves in one direction across the end of the curved roof there will be a gap. I hate gaps because they mean filler.

Now I’ve never got on with any filler. This time squadron putty has been used. It comes ready mixed and dries pretty fast. I removed as much excess as I could before it went completely hard. Since I’m going to be spraying this roof I suppose there is plenty of sanding and re-filling ahead of me.

No comments: