Thursday, February 16, 2006

Stuck on wood


Stern
Originally uploaded by Phil_Parker.
I'm terrible at waiting for glue to dry. Often whatever I'm working on
suffers from gluey finger marks which take longer to sort out than the time
I save getting stuck in (all puns in this Blog are intended) too early.

This time I've been a good boy. Thanks to work commitments, the glue
holding the wood in the photo has had over nearly a week to dry.
Considering it's Araldite Rapid, it's going to be as fully curred as it
gets by now.

My next job is to sand it back to give a nice smooth top rail. I've already
done this at the front where it looks smashing. The blunt end (OK - Stern)
has a much greater curve so I'll be working accross the grain more this
time. Care and crossed fingers (not while using tools - remember kids,
safety first) and I avoid the wood spliting. If it does, that nicely cured
Araldite isn't going to be my friend !

No comments: